Monday, April 3, 2023

Yet another dining table staged

Lightly fogged in again today. Good time to make coffee and do a crossword. No mediation to start today, straight to marketing. S woke later to start his day with coffee. I published the warm white/gold nightstand tutorial, shared on sites, emailed paint company and other details involved. It is hovering below freezing so S took the skid steer to the winter pasture to start clearing some of the wasted hay.

I touched up the bottom of the decoupaged bowl after staging a few pics. The jewelry box had the tag added and put downstairs to dry well. And waiting to sell :) 



He was back and threw bacon in the oven. I was decoupaging one of the rum bottles in the same pretty rice paper as the bowl. The bottle cork was papered as well and all left to dry well. He prepped tomatoes and cheese and added onions to his. Delicious lunch especially since I did not have to cook. He tidied up and had a call to his retirement services. The second bottle was decided on what to do. I brought in a few transfers to decide. I went with the boho soul. I painted the bottle a teal blue color as S headed out to roll a bale for the horses.

Successfully having rolled the bale, he was back in to his retirement paperwork. I filled the bottle cap with filler and will see if that works to cover the rum wording. S still has a sore back since Thursday so I hauled in the dining table legs and leaf then the table. To put it together I had set the table on the side. This allowed me to see areas needing touching up with the scraper and paint. I also salved the underside edges. After I put the legs on I had sore back Shelly help me lift it to its feet.

Now to stage it all up. I noticed I need to put another stain oil coat on the leaf. S headed out after 3 to take s for a walk. I painted a second coat on the bottle and the stain oil on the leaf. While all dried I got back to family tree updates.

S went over to Matt's with the skid steer after 5 to help loads stuff. I went to start supper but decided to go feed Bird. I tried closing middle gate but the snow is still to high. I used the rope at the barn gate. S was back before 6 so he stood with her while she finished eating so I could go make supper.

And a delicious supper it was. S hit the couch with a crossword and I worked on the blog while we listened to American Idol. I also put a 3rd coat of blue paint on the bottle. I created Hometalk post for the desk. Not as much sports tonight so S headed to bed to do crosswords at 9:30. After I finished up I crawled in to watch paint technique and plant care videos till midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment