Sunday, June 29, 2014

painting and polocrosse

Friday Shaina was off to work covering another tournament. I waxed up the green frame and staged it. Britt loved it and has decided to work it off. I got out fairly early and mowed all the grass before the impending rain this w/e.


Britt picked pasture poop while I sorted and reorganized the garden/tack shed; Cannot wait for the barn to get a tack room to organize it all in one place.

I painted up a welcome sign as a over 1000 follower giveaway, I cannot believe I have that many but appreciate all who follow. Anticipating more buyers soon :-)
Finally home from her work day around 5, Shaina joined Britt and I and we headed out for a conditioning ride followed by a fun practice! Time for a late supper which was scrumptious. We watched Parental Guidance before Shaina headed to Shannon for a campfire. Just as she was leaving, Stars flew over, a few ambulances and firetrucks blew by. Sure enough she came upon the accident at the corner of 817 & 901 which looked really bad :-(

Saturday - a rain storm broke out at 3 am in the morning and it seems lots of rain came down in a short half hour. Shaina arrived home just after it ended. The morning started overcast and windy and a headache for me. Even coffee and baileys did not seem to help. Britt and I were going to possibly go to practice today but with headache and wind and lack of Britt getting up, it was a pass. I checked gauge and it seems we got 2/10ths. I forgot to mention last time I checked after the rain few days back we had 3.5/10ths. Today though I hope the grass soaked it up quick cause the wind howled all day drying everything quickly.
I spent the day working on a free but broken dresser. sanding, repairs and scrubbing consumed many hours but I had my ipad and Suits to keep me company! Shaina was off to work at 3 - 9. I also painted a set of frames in treasure box as well as 3 large frames the same color for Britt.
She headed to the movies with Caleb and Grady just after 7 and after a day of tidying her room. Shaina headed to Calgary to stay the night with Kaylin after her shift finished late. I started another series Orange is The New Black and watched while making these rhubarb bars.



Sunday was overcast and still windy but Britt and I loaded up the horses and Shaina met us at the field for polox jackpot play. The day was not sunny but was ok until a quick downpour cleared the field around 4:30. It did not last long and soon many were have a potluck snack and beverages with the Irish folk who came over to play. We loaded up and were home around 6:30 where the weather turned to crap as we fed and let the horses go. A crappy squall rolled in and soon it was raining along with the wind. The girls and I ate bacon and tomato sandwiches and then watched Endless Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment